Thursday, August 25, 2011

Silly Sports

The bell had rung. People were already getting changed into their sports gear. Yesterday team 5 had a sports activity called Silly Sports. It was after morning tea out on the bottom field.
There were four activities to do. Our first one was with our own class. Mrs Lagitupu's game was ball tiggy. Our class had to split up into four groups. Each group got a different coloured
band. There was a yellow, red, green and blue group. I was in the yellow group. The rule of the
game was to get the other team out fast. You weren't allowed to run with the ball. My team challenged the red team. In this game, I don’t know whether our team had been defeated or not but it was so entertaining. The last game we had, we played against the green team and again we lost. In this activity, we had to communicate a lot with our team mates. It was really tiring and was loads of fun.

Our next game was with Mr Harris. It was called the three legged race. You had to be in partners
of two and one person had to hold a spoon with a tennis ball on it. Only five partners could go at a time, past the line then back without dropping the tennis ball. If you do drop the ball, you would have to start again. My partner was Helen.
She was the one that held the spoon and tennis ball. Helen and I were behind everyone else because, I couldn't quite get the string to tie around our legs properly. When we were just passed the start line our tennis ball fell, so we had to start again. The other pairs were finished and me and Helen were way behind. It was fine because we were enjoying ourselves and kept laughing all the time. This game was challenging and so funny.

Our last game was with Mrs Nua. This was my favourite activity. I'm not very sure but It was a
like a sponge race. We had to get split up into four groups then each group line up between two buckets. The bucket in front was filled with water and the one far behind was empty. We had to soak up the water and pass the sponge side ways, and then under our legs. When the sponge gets to the last person at the back, that person had to squeeze the water into the bucket then run to the front of the line and soak it with water then pass it back. This game was a lot of fun even though my group didn’t win. When we left that game, the grass was very muddy.
At the end of the sports we played, I was very tired. But I wanted to play some more. It’ll be cool if we did this again.

7 comments:

MICHELLE EGGINS PICKERING (MITCHEL) said...

Sup Kezia,
I really enjoyed reading your blog, because it always make me want to read more of your stories.
I saw the picture of you and Helen
and it made me laugh.
You look very fit by the way.
LOTS OF LOVE

Kezia said...

Oh sup Michelle,
hahaha no! ,i am not fit.
anyways ,what school do you go to?
Lots of love xox.

MITCHEL said...

In Poland, it is called this name that I can't even pronounce.
You are fit even if you say your not.
These Polish kids cant even understand me, but the good thing is that I draw in the back of my book, because no one speaks polish, but we have an english teacher that comes every afternoon.
All the girls hang out with me, and the boys spy on us, which I hate because they are annoying.
LOTS OF LOVE XOXOX

kezia @ Pt England School said...

Poland?! Are you serious? That sounds fun. Is it cool? When did you move there?
XOX.

MITCHEL said...

In July 24th.
It's alright.
Warsaw,the capital is all about business, but I went to the north of Poland and swam in the Baltic sea with jelly fish. I even picked them up, I named one light bulb, because it lit up every time I touch it.
I'm leaving next weekend, then I'm going to Italy for a week and Scotland for a week then I'm back.
LOTS OF LOVE XOX

Kezia said...

That is so cool! Wish I could come with you. Sela just read your comments and she freaked out cos she thought you are so lucky, which you are lol. You should put some photos up on your blog so I can see what its like.
XOX

MITCHEL said...

I wouldn't have enough time because I'm packing ready to come back, but i can show you some at riverside.
I am very lucky lol, when i get back, i would have been to 17 countries.