Friday, August 19, 2011

Cross Country

The day had finally come in such short notice. Cross Country. It was Wednesday the 10th of August. The year 7 and 8's had to run a very long track. The races started around 9:30 in the morning block. I was very nervous.

For us year 8s, we had to run 3.5 kilometers and the year 7s had to run 3 kilometers. The year 7 girls and boys had left one by one. It was the year 8 girls turn to go. At the start line, we were all waiting for Miss V to say Go. Then of we went.

During the race we went through puddles, mud, uphills and down. It was really tiring. I kept stopping to catch my breath. I was running with Mui and Helen, but in the middle of the race I went in front. When I was nearly to the finish line I just jogged the rest of the way.

At the end of the race I was puffed out and just lay on the grass with the year 7 girls. A while later I went for a drink then rinsed my legs. Heaps of peoples face were red. But I reckon that this years cross country was a lot of fun. We ran a really long way and at the end of the day most people went home tired.

No comments: