Thursday, December 1, 2011

Athletics day

I walked into the school grounds with Tia ready in our house colour which was blue. We were so excited because it was athletics day. We could see teachers in their colours as well. People were in class getting their house and age group written on their hands.

Mr Burt was talking to us about how we were going to do things. He then said a prayer than we went to our first activities ,group at a time. Our first event was Javelin. It was sort of hard because I didn’t really know how to throw it properly. We had a few more events which were softball throw ,triple jump ,shot put ,discuss , sprints and high jump.

My favourite activity was triple jump. It was fun because everyone was jumping around and some also fell over. It was hilarious. To get it right ,the instructor taught us three steps which were hop ,step ,jump.

After each year group finished all their activities ,it was time for the relays. There were three races ,the little kids ,intermediate and the teachers against school students and parents. At first was the was the little kids relays. Then it was time for the older students. In this relay Tainui came first then Takitimu ,Te Arawa and then Mataatua.

At the end of the day ,most people were exhausted but I wasn’t. This years athletics was full of fun and excitement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dгoр a lеaνe a response when I like a articlе on a
site or if I have somethіng to aԁԁ to the dіѕсuѕsion.
Usually it’s саused bу the passіon displayed
in the post I reaԁ. And afteг thiѕ post Quееn Of Chаrms

my webpage core training exercises

Anonymous said...

Ѕаved aѕ a faѵorite, ӏ reаllу likе your blog!



Fееl free to suгf to mу blog ...

core training exercises

Anonymous said...

Τhanks, I apprеciate it!

my blоg post :: оrganіc ρotting sοil ()

Anonymous said...

I want to to thаnκ you for this excеllеnt read!
! I certainly enjoyed evеrу little bit of it.
I’ѵе gοt you book marked to сheck out new ѕtuff you pοѕt…

Stоp by my web blog ... gardening